I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Nov 4 20:24:15 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> said:
> I was expecting that: the typical elitist cheap-shot aimed at shutting
> up anybody who dares to use Linux without being an uber-geek programmer.

It isn't a cheap-shot; there are practical issues involved in trying to
maintain any package, especially something as large and complicated to
package as OpenOffice.org, and somebody has to take charge and do the
work.  Fedora is a volunteer organization, so you can't _demand_ that
anybody do anything.  The current OpenOffice.org maintainers want to
work on LibreOffice instead, so that leaves nobody to maintain the
OpenOffice.org stack in Fedora.

No maintainer(s) => package(s) removed.

Demanding others do stuff for free because you are not willing/able, and
then getting mad when they don't, is a cheap shot.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>