root rpm package list?

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:45:12 UTC 2010

On 11/04/2010 12:47 AM, Paul Flo Williams wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> The roots it produced turned out to have  a long list of deps.
>> One them was  zoneminder.i686
>>
>> So, I ran
>> rpm -qR zoneminder
>> /bin/sh
> [snip]
>> So, how could zoneminder package be a root package?
> You're just listed the things on which zoneminder depends (-qR). You
> haven't shown that anything else depends on zoneminder.
The point that Tom had made that his script would identify
pakcages that had no dependencies - or at least
that is how I understood his description of a "root" package.
So I ran his script and it produced a long list. I only wanted
to show Tom that if by "root" hea meant no dependencies,
then his script did not yield a list of packages that had no
dependencies.

Perhaps Tom mean something else by "root".