I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Thu Nov 4 23:41:30 UTC 2010

On 4 November 2010 23:25, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 11/04/2010 04:21 PM, Sam Sharpe wrote:
>> While I appreciate that you have worked on your signature script, are
>> you aware that the signal in this post was about 169 characters,
>> versus the  470 of noise for your signature. Perhaps keeping it off
>> for list posts would be a good idea, as that's a very bad S/N ratio...
>
> It could have been worse: several K of quoted text going back several
> generations, 169 characters of new material and 470 more of an
> overly-long signature.

It's weird actually. I like context to my messages, because I am one
of those weird people who reads lists chronologically rather than
threaded - so giving context and history to what you are saying by
quoting a little too much doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some
people. However I find overly long signatures that attempt to be
"interesting" quite distracting.

I do however accept that people can't always control their signatures
- my work one appends my job title, team, division. phone number,
corporate website and a blank line for the fax number I don't have,
followed by the standard boilerplate about forgetting you ever saw the
message if you receive it in error on all messages sent to external
recipients. This is the main reason I don't use it for lists (and
actually don't email people outside the company from it).

--
Sam