Dell Adamo

Paul Otheim coriolis220 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 00:23:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 08:12:36 +1030
> dp wrote:
>
> > Has anyone run F13 on this laptop?  If so, could you indicate
> >       if vital things work ok?
>
> Not a direct answer to your question, but it's my understanding that Dell
> computers can change their components over the course of time.  So the Dell
> Adamo you buy today may not be the same as one that someone bought
> yesterday.

Yes components change or can be modified before it ships by the end user
during the sale.
It looks from what I can see that it has an Intel chipset and so *should*
probably work without issue.
Best to see what options it has and pay special attention to the chipset and
then see what or how well
the chipset may be supported by Linux. Generally speaking if the chipset is
supported then most of the features *should* work.YMMV.
They offer a broadband card(Dell card)  and if that is of interest then try
to find out if that is supported because I am pretty sure Intel is not
making them, I have never had an issue with the Intel chipsets or wifi
running on Linux though I know others have experienced some hiccups. Dell
also had that horrible media direct button....