I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Fri Nov 5 01:02:13 UTC 2010

On 5 November 2010 00:48, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 11/04/2010 04:41 PM, Sam Sharpe wrote:
>> It's weird actually. I like context to my messages... <snip> so giving context and history to what you are saying by
>> quoting a little too much doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some.

> So do I.  Unlike you, however, I see no reason to quote the entire
> conversation to "give context,"

That's not actually what I said.

I think there is a balance to be had between brevity and completeness,
but I acknowledge that my own tolerance of where that line falls is
further towards completeness than some other people. Hence I don't
tend to pick people up when they quote "too much", because while I
know I wouldn't quote that much, it really doesn't bother me when
other people do.

If you review my history, you'll see that my quoting tends to be
relatively brief and relevant, because I deliberately conform to the
expected behaviour even though I have no particular personal drive to
do so - that's just good etiquette. Quite often in my work email, I
top-post and quote the entire message - because I am conversing with a
population who expects it. I also send HTML email as well when
conducting a dialog with non-technical colleagues. That doesn't mean
that when I send email to my technical colleagues I don't switch to
bottom posting, quoting briefly and wrapping at 72 characters.

It's like being multilingual - you have to tailor your communication
to your audience.

--
Sam