Fedora F13 to F14 upgrade leaves RPM database with strange mix of fc13 and fc14 packages

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 08:00:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:45 AM, JB <jb.1234abcd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Deron Meranda <deron.meranda <at> gmail.com> writes:

>> That dependency makes no sense to me. Why would gnome depend
>> on an Apache module?
>
> Try to understand:
> $ gnome-user-share
> $ mod_dnssd
> Perhaps you do not want to have/need gnome-user-share package ?

I wasn't even aware of either package; I don't think I want either.  I was
able to remove both fine.

I still have a lot of fc12 and fc13 packages though.

> With regard to various repos:
> $ yum repolist all
> and make sure the wanted/correct ones are enabled/disabled.

Only two repos are enabled:
* Fedora 14 - x86_64
* Fedora 14 - x86_64 - Updates

the complete list follows (I removed some whitespace to avoid line wraps)

# yum repolist all
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, presto, refresh-packagekit, verify
repo id         repo name      status
InstallMedia  Fedora 14    disabled
fedora   Fedora 14 - x86_64   enabled: 22,161
fedora-debuginfo  Fedora 14 - x86_64 - Debug  disabled
fedora-source  Fedora 14 - Source    disabled
updates  Fedora 14 - x86_64 - Updates   enabled:  1,331
updates-debuginfo  Fedora 14 - x86_64 - Updates - Debug  disabled
updates-source    Fedora 14 - Updates Source   disabled
updates-testing    Fedora 14 - x86_64 - Test Updates   disabled
updates-testing-debuginfo Fedora 14 - x86_64 - Test Updates Debug disabled
updates-testing-source     Fedora 14 - Test Updates Source disabled
repolist: 23,492

--
Deron Meranda
http://deron.meranda.us/