Fedora14 install to partition from running system

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Nov 5 12:25:50 UTC 2010

Is it possible to install Fedora14 onto a spare partition from DVD on a running
Fedora12 system ?
I have two separate 30G partitions on my systems to allow two Fedora versions to
be installed. I normally install a new Fedora onto the alternate partition
allowing a boot back to the old system in case of issues and to retrieve config.
However, Fedora, with all my default packages, takes a fair time to install so I
was wondering if there was a way to do this while the existing system is running ?
I guess I could use KVM or something, but is there an easy way, something like
"anaconda --root=..." ?

Cheers

Terry