Fedora14: Problme with pungi ?

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Nov 5 15:42:50 UTC 2010

I am trying to make a custom DVD of Fedora14 with all of the current updates
using Pungi. I normally also add my own RPM's to create a custom system for my
use, but at the moment I am trying to create a standard system. This has worked
well in the past howvever with Fedora14 it fails.
I am using the command:

pungi --nosource --nosplitmedia --nodebuginfo --cachedir=`pwd`/cache -G -C -B -I
--flavor Fedora --name Fedora --ver 14 -c
/usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-install-fedora.ks

This all appears to work fine, but when I try and boot the DVD I get a:

"Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. ..."

The standard Fedora14 DVD works fine, so I guess pungi is not setting something
up correctly in the initrd or the kernel is not using the initrd for some
reason. Any ideas ?