Fedora14: Problme with pungi ?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 18:52:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Terry Barnaby <terry1 at beam.ltd.uk> wrote:

> I am trying to track this down. Running the low level
> /usr/libexec/anaconda/buildinstall script gives me errors saying that "strip" is
> missing (No errors seen running pungi ...)
> This could be causing the binary install to the initrd to fail prior to
> setting permissions.
> I am installing binutils and going to try again. I have been using a really
> basic Fedora install from the livecd with the pungi package and some others
> installed. If this works I suspect that pungi should have the package "binutils"
> added as a dependency and a bit more error checking/reporting
> should be in pungi ....
>
> Cheers

It is not entirely clear what exactly you are doing - are you running
this from an f14 system? Are you running a livecd for f14 and once
that is running to then run pungi from the livecd?  If so have you
executed a yum update before running pungi (you can do this even
running a livecd)?  Have you pulled the latest kickstart file to
execute with pungi (from git)?  Was the kickstart file edited from
that provided from a standard livecd? Are you running this from
another system such as f13 or f12?

I have been running f14 builds from a mock chroot and executing pungi
there with no problems once the kickstart files have been customised.

Clearly since I have builds that work and you do not there must be
something different about how the build procedure has been done!

--
mike c