I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:21:58 UTC 2010

On Friday, November 05, 2010 11:07:21 Fernando Cassia wrote:
> The truth will be seen when both LO and OpenOffice.org start diverging
> and when Oracle decides to put several hundred developers to work on
> the next major version number full time, if Ubuntu/Fedora and hobbyist
> programmers in their spare time can match it. It´ll be fun to watch,
> but I surely think the forking wasn´t needed, and it was cause because
> of politcs, FUD, and paranoia.

I don't believe that serious companies like Red Hat would base their LO
support on politics, FUD and paranoia. Rather, I have a feeling they made a
very serious assessment of the situation, and decided that LO has a better
future overall.

If you prefer to think that everyone in Red Hat (and other companies
supporting LO) are a bunch of idiots who can't tell FUD from real information,
it's your choice... ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko