preupgrade from FC12 to FC14 issues?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Nov 6 08:35:28 UTC 2010

I've just used preupgrade to upgrade some systems in my clasroom lab that
has XP and Fedora 12. I had earlier done a test with fedora 13, but it had
some issues the upgrade. The upgrade from 12 to 14 seems to have handled
the problem with the older Nvidia cards these machines have, but there are a
few issues.

I saw the same issue with system-config-display that has been mentioned,
and also found that vim-common and vim-enhanced where still the fc12
version? It also left the 3 fc12 kernels and kmods nvidias for the 3. I removed
those and then installed the fc14 versions of the vim rpms.

The one issue that I'm have trouble with is Flash and firefox. Google chrome
works fine, and I was able to it working with firefox after I did a number of
things. I then tried to figure out exactly what I did, and it didn't work on
another machine?

Even the machine I got it working on, I then logged in with another user, and
it didn't work for that user?