fc11 to fc 12

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Sat Nov 6 13:55:26 UTC 2010

Hello,

For the second time, I am trying to update a machine from fc10 to ??
The step from fc10 to fc 11 was OK.
Then the step to fc12 seemed OK, but after the udgrade and then
yum update. things looked OK. I booted with the new kernel but
after a while, things started to go wrong.

I finally try to reboot but I got a segmentation fault.
SO I boot on the DVD in repair mode. The disks are mounted
correctly on /mnt/sysimage. So I tried chroot /mnt/sysimage
but I get a segmenatation fault.
I run a rpm -Va -root /mnt/sysimage, which seems OK.
(except unsatisfying dependencies for netbeans
   error %verify(jre-1.6.....) scriptled failed)
I do noty think that it is a problem.

How can I fix this issue.

Thank.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |