Convert DRM infested EPUB file to Kindle supported format (SOLVED!)

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Sat Nov 6 16:56:01 UTC 2010

> On 06/11/10 15:44, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 07:22:42 -0500,
> >    "Steven P. Ulrick"<lists-fedora at afolkey2.net>  wrote:
> >> Hello Everyone,
> >> I just bought a EPUB ebook from Barnes&  Noble, hoping I could convert it
from
> >> the EPUB format (which the Kindle does not support) into something that the
> >> Kindle DOES support.  Calibre gave me an error message about having to use
a 3rd
> >> party tool to remove the DRM...
> >>
> >> So, if anyone has any ideas that use (preferably) free tools, I would love
> >> know...
> >
> > Well if having payed for the DRM version already, eases your conscience,
> > perhaps look on thepiratebay.org for a version you can actaully use.
>
> or contact B&N for a Kindle friendly version.

They have such a thing?

All that being the case, I followed some directions that I ended up finding, and
the result was an unencrypted epub that I could then convert to a mobi file that
I can now use properly in my Kindle!

If anyone needs to know this information, email me off list and I will hook you
up with the appropriate link.

Steven P. Ulrick