I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 21:58:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 November 2010 21:40, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This seems to indicate that interaction with the community was not
>> going well, or else that the OO team was so small that need not have
>> time to examine and take a small patch.
>
> Correction: "need not" should be "did not".

When you´re a corporate employee, bugs reported by customers take
precedence over the "small fixes".

In other words, if you have an angry paying customer yelling on the
phone that your  application "x" is crashing or losing data, be sure
that those kind of bugs will be worked on before everything else...

I sat three years waiting for Netscape programmers (on Mozilla.org) to
acknowledge some of my RFEs and bug reports on Mozilla´s Bugzilla and
emails to devs had merit. They just weren´t "priority" for them, as
they were centered on Gecko / DHTML performance and other more "core"
and critical bugs... while I often complained about petty things like
making it easier to edit keyboard hotkeys....

In my experience lot of projects were affected by massive layoffs in
Sun´s quest towards profits (aka shooting oneself in the foot :).

Just my $0.02
FC