I want OO.o support, not Go-OO from Novell - Any statement from Fedora or RedHat?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:38:01 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 November 2010 21:58, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Correction: "need not" should be "did not".
>>
>> When you´re a corporate employee, bugs reported by customers take
>> precedence over the "small fixes".
>>
>> In other words, if you have an angry paying customer yelling on the
>> phone that your  application "x" is crashing or losing data, be sure
>> that those kind of bugs will be worked on before everything else...
>
> So you are saying that the community is better off now that
> LibreOffice exists, because since there will not be any paying
> customer for it (it's free after all) developers will have time to
> listen to the community.

For small bug fixes, yes, there´s chances that LO will fix those faster.

For complex architectural decisions and re-engineering.... it´ll be
interesting to watch who does what better.

Not to mention what I said in the beginning... Oracle wants to
integrate Java into OO.o
and someone here already said that LO´s idea is replacing the existing
java hooks with native code.

FC
FC