Feedback

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 8 04:32:01 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 12:30 -0800, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> when I see someone post about "updating" from one ancient Fedora
> version to another and complaining that something isn't working, I
> ignore it.

I tend to do the same, mostly because I don't do it, so I wouldn't be
able to offer any concrete advice.  I have tried it in the past, and you
spend a long time trying to untangle the mess.

The notion that you save time by upgrading then sorting out what went
wrong has been destroyed by my prior experiences (fresh install in
*well* under an hour, versus many hours of install routine CPU and disc
grinding, and post-install repairs), and watching the emails go back and
forth for a week, or more, by these "it's quicker to upgrade" people.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.