Fedora 14 Kickstart Problems

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Nov 8 14:14:27 UTC 2010

On 11/08/2010 01:48 PM, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the past I have used the following to enable/disable the post installation
> screens. (With YES/NO).
>
> %post
> echo "RUN_FIRSTBOOT=NO" > /etc/sysconfig/firstboot
>
> The kickstart password setting command:
>
> rootpw  --iscrypted <encrypted password>
>
> works for me, never tried the --plaintext option though.
>
> Terry
Actualy I note in the Fedora14 installation guide:

firstboot (optional)
    Determine whether the Firstboot starts the first time the system is booted.
If enabled, the firstboot package must be installed. If not specified, this
option is disabled by default.

        *
          --enable or --enabled — The Setup Agent is started the first time the
system boots.
        *
          --disable or --disabled — The Setup Agent is not started the first
time the system boots.
        *
          --reconfig — Enable the Setup Agent to start at boot time in
reconfiguration mode. This mode enables the language, mouse, keyboard, root
password, security level, time zone, and networking configuration options in
addition to the default ones.

Terry