Feedback

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 15:35:30 UTC 2010

On 11/08/2010 03:08 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello to every one,
>
> So,
> I nicely upgrade my system from fc10 to fc11 with the advises available
> on the fedora web site. Then I was stocked there, I tried 5 times
> (reinstalling from fc11)
> to upgrade either to 12 or 13 with the same result (using preupgrade of
> the dvd).
> I was usually able to reboot after the upgrade and after a short
> while the system was becoming crazy: one command after the other one
> was not working any more and no way to reboot.
> So I run a badblock and every things was OK and decided to install
> fc13 on the exact same partitions. I did not experience any crazy
> behavior. The only problem is that now it is taking me days
> before I can get the full installation.
> It is sad that we cannot upgrade systems smothly and efficiently.
>
> I did not mode directly to fc14 because I experienced some problems
> with an installation:
> display not working with the full resolution !
> network connection not working anymore !
>
> Thank to every body.

How old is your hardware?
What speed is your dvd drive and how old is it?
Have you tried some dvd drive diagnostics?
There are some free HW diag software (bootable iso images) on the web.
Bootable: http://www.all-freeware.com/details/41813/ubcd4win.html
Windows SW: http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=4134