Desktop Effects and CCSM

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon Nov 8 15:39:59 UTC 2010

I'm trying to figure out how to get CCSM and the Compiz Gnome
integration bits to "play nice" with the standard Fedora Desktop Effects
setting.

Everything works fine (all of my custom settings, emerald, etc) if I
launch Compiz using the Fusion Icon applet. But just using Desktop
Effects will successfully launch Compiz, but none of the custom settings
work.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a howto on this somewhere?