Desktop Effects and CCSM

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon Nov 8 18:24:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 17:06 +0100, Wander Boessenkool wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 08:39:59AM -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > Everything works fine (all of my custom settings, emerald, etc) if I
> > launch Compiz using the Fusion Icon applet. But just using Desktop
> > Effects will successfully launch Compiz, but none of the custom settings
> > work.
>
> Compiz started using desktop-effects uses gconf for it's settings,
> whereas from the fusion-icon it will use a text-based settingsfile.
> If you install compizconfig-backend-gconf you can select gconf as a
> backend in the preferences for ccsm.

OK - Thanks! Turns out I did have this installed and selected to use
gconf. For some reason, it wasn't working.

I turned off everything, logged off and back on, then set up CCSM by
de-selecting and then re-selecting gconf, and then (finally) turned on
Desktop effects. All seems to be working now. Might have just been the
order of turning things on that was the issue.

Cheers,

Chris