f14 / Gnome Question

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 09:02:20 UTC 2010

Paul Morgan wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 02:58:15PM -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> On 08/11/10 14:50, Genes MailLists wrote:
>> >
>> >    Does f14 support focus follows mouse on Gnome ?
>> >
>> >    On f13 we needed to install (a soon-to-be-deprecated)
>> > control-center-extras to get this working.

Happily the required preferences dialog (gnome-window-properties) has
been moved back to control-center, so control-center-extras isn't
required for that.

>I use a script and a config file to automate my setup.

Indeed.  I have a similar script.

However, I often end up using the GUI to set focus-follows-mouse.  Once
there's more than one window on the screen I have to switch between
them and click-to-type MAKES ME WANT TO SWEAR.

It astounds me that there are people in the world who can tolerate
click-to-type for more than a few seconds.

Ron