(F13, KDE) ugly, grey system tray icons after update

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Tue Nov 9 10:12:39 UTC 2010

> After doing an F13 update today, in which a load of KDE packages got
> updated, my system tray now contains drab, grey, hard-to-see icons
> instead of the nice coloured ones it had previously.  The previous
> update (before the one that broke the icons)  was on 2nd November,
> so this is due to stuff brought onto the mirrors w/in the last week.
>
> Clues?

Hello Dean,
Yeah, I feel your pain...  Despite what they say here:
http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.5/plasma.php

these monochromatic icons really are worse.  Instead of giving "greater visual
clarity," they remind me of greyed out menu items.  They do not stand out at
all, in my opinion...

Steven P. Ulrick