ssh forwarding connection refused messages, not just emacs

Philip Heron phil at sanslogic.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 14:30:48 UTC 2010

On 09/11/2010 14:17, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I've got fedora 14 x86_64 on my system at work and at home.

I was just about to post about my ssh forwarding problems, but they
could be related so adding my info to this thread.

Since installing F14 (after using F12) I've been unable to do any port
forwarding when ssh'ing into that machine. I'd normally forward a couple
of ports (VNC to localhost for x11vnc, proxy to another box on my home
network) but none have worked since the update. Explicitly setting
AllowTcpForwarding to Yes in /etc/ssh/sshd_config makes no difference.

When connecting to the forwarded port I get this message:
channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed

-Phil