Gnome: how put launcher/directory shortcuts as default/mandatory for all computer users?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 9 15:17:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 15:38 +0100, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
> please, can someone suggest how is possible add launcher or directory
> shortcuts/icons at desktop area, as default or mandatory, for all
> users, who has/will have account at given PC?

Whatever you put into /etc/skel/ is copied into the user's homespace
when it's created (and its permissions will change so it's owned by the
user).  So you should be able to put some .desktop files in there,
preset with paths to the icons you want to go with them.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.