creating cgroup hierarchy

Tue Nov 9 17:11:06 UTC 2010

Hello again,

> # mkdir test
> # cd test
> # echo 0 > cpuset.mems
> # echo 0 > cpuset.cpus
> # cat memory.use_hierarchy
> 1
> # mkdir subtest
> mkdir: cannot create directory `subtest': Invalid argument

> Could this feature be disabled in the kernel or somewhere else?
> My active Kernel version is:
> 26.34.7-61.fc13.i686

Another update, which solved my cgroup problem:
it seems the blkio or maybe other options which are active if no mount-option is explicitely selected, do not support deeper hierarchies. (Thanks to Pro-Linux.de for this advice).

In Ubuntu everything worked fine, because the blocking module was not yet integrated into the kernel..

Mounting with options like cpu,memory,cpuset subdirectories work like a charm.

Regards,

Simon

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit