ssh forwarding connection refused messages, not just emacs

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue Nov 9 17:35:46 UTC 2010

On 11/09/2010 09:30 AM, Philip Heron wrote:

> When connecting to the forwarded port I get this message:
> channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed

  I see this on f13 - it seems to happen when I use tunneled socks5
proxy via

      ssh -D socksport ...

  Some of the proxy'ed things (browser) fail and I see the above errors
just as you do in the terminal where I started the ssh.

  Killing and restarting browser gets things going again ... tho for
reasons I cannot fathom when this happens some things work and some dont
in same browser (I think sites with flash may be effected .. more/only).

   gene/