fedora 14 network

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Tue Nov 9 19:46:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I upgrade a fc13 to fc14 and I lost the network connection.
> I I retried the install from fresh and try to connect to the
> internet but it failed.
> I tried to set the configuration manually (ie. not using the
> DHCP), but I ended with the same result.
> It can ping on itself (ie. with the address that I gave, which is
> the machine address when I run fc11), but no way to ping the
> Gateway or the nameserver.
>
> ifconfig seems OK.
>
> It looks like that there is a bug with the driver !!!
> The card in an Intel 82566DM Gigabit Network.
>
> Which additional test can I make ?
> the network connection is working fine in fc11 and fc13

Work around, it seems that it is a know bug 649570
So I should either set ACPI=off or recompile the modules e1000e.ko

Should I set ACPI=off in /etc/grub.conf ?
in the kernel line ?
Can I try from the installation DVD ? if Yes how ?

How can I recompile only the module e1000e.ko ?
cd /usr/src/kernels/2....../drivers/net/e1000e and make ?
After editing something ?

Thank.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |