corrupted x32 Fedora 14 DVD

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:58:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 18:12 +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
>> I checked that the copy of Fedora-14-i386-DVD.iso on
>> mirror.datacenter.by is good. (Fortunately, it has an rsync server, so
>> I just had to run rsync on my local copy.)
>
> Just wondering:  Might rsync be better for the original poster, rather
> than HTTP or FTP?  Perhaps their HTTP server has problems?

Or more likely, a transparent or "forced" proxy, implemented by the
ISP upstream.

Yes, FTP would be the better choice to ensure file integrity. A decade
ago I was a fundamentalist and used to write every time I saw a large
program file linked on web servers over HTTP telling them to "create a
FTP server" and that "the ftp protocol exists for a reason".

Of course all that effort fell on deaf ears... :)
FC