F12 -> F14 Preupgrade Issue

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 21:33:34 UTC 2010

Dave Cross <davorg <at> gmail.com> writes:

Hi,
I thought you were done and forgot about us :-)

We have to learn some more about your system (we could try and shoot it blindly
but that makes no sense).

I assume it is a problem with your display driver.

Please give me the output of:
$ lspci -v
$ ls -al /etc/
$ ls -al /etc/modprobe*
$ ls -al /etc/modprobe.d/
$ ls /lib/modules/
Now pay attention: in the next entry, in the example, insert YOUR current
kernel directory name (use bash completion, that is start with /lib/modules/
then hit Tab key, help it pick up the right kernel, and so on:
$ cat /lib/modules/2.6.35.6-48.fc14.i686/modules.modesetting
$ ls -al /etc/X11/
$ ls -al /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
And for a good measure, this:
$ su
# cat /etc/grub.conf

Do not worry, if it was made by man, it will be fixed by man :-)

JB