F-14 upgrade -

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Nov 9 21:54:48 UTC 2010

On 11/07/2010 12:46 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> This is what I get with the right button "2" only here it's button 3 as
> it also is on the F-13 computer which works as expected.

Yes, the right-mouse button should be button 3.  Can you clarify what
you mean by "works as expected"?  I expect button 3 to bring up a
context menu.  Button 2 is the button which normally pastes the active
selection.

Are you trying to make a synthetic button 2 using simultaneous clicks
with the left and right mouse button?  If so:

"""Add this:

Section "InputClass"
     Identifier "whatever"
     MatchIsPointer "on"
     Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
EndSection

to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf (or any Xorg conf you want)
and you will again have middle click emulation. I don't know if this
will solve your problem regarding your actual middle button."""
  - https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=847309#p847309