Solving all the KDE 4.5 Problems

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 00:25:41 UTC 2010

2010/11/9 Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com>

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> > Not bad, except for #2, that's pretty harsh, only to be done as a very
> last
> > resort.
>
> Agreed - at least move it out of the way instead of deleting it. Then
> you can at least get your old settings back if you need to..
>
> -c
> --

Actually, what does the magic is reseting the old settings, pretty "extreme"
yeah, but
it works. I'm pretty sure that anyone of the users that are having some
wierd KDE problems
can solve them this way.

@Chris: Unfortunately, Moving the folder and then placing it in the same
site is was before
do not work if you want to get your settings back. Once the ".kde" folder is
erased or moved,
it doesn't matter if you return it to the place it was before, KDE
"refreshes" itself and having
the old folder back just creates more errors.

Hope someone can be helped by my five-step guide.

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6