End of life for FC12?

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Wed Nov 10 04:19:29 UTC 2010

Patrick Bartek wrote:
> --- On Tue, 11/9/10, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:23:30 -0600
>> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Per:
>>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2010-June/002830.html
>>>
>>> "Fedora 12 will continue to receive updates until
>> approximately one
>>> month after the release of Fedora 14. The maintenance
>> schedule of"
>>> Fedora releases is documented on the Fedora Project
>> wiki."
>>>
>>> I did get an update to fuse for FC12 sunday, so it
>> doesn't seem dead
>>> yet...
>>
>> Fedora 12's end of life is 2010-12-02.
>>
>> You have until then to look at upgrading to f13/f14. ;)
>
> Just because it's EOL doesn't mean it stops working on that date, too. ;-)
>
> Since FC6 (I've been using Fedora since Core 3), I've only upgraded with every third release--6-9-12.  I think it wasteful of time and energy to upgrade any faster.  It takes almost the 6 month release cycle to get everything working smoothly anyway.  Then chuck it all and start anew with a new set of problems?  No thanks.

I'm noticed, when trying upgrade from F11 to F14, this combination isn't
supported, anaconda refuse it - to F14 is upgrade possible only from F12
or F13. As I usually do fresh install, I not know exactly in which
Fedora version was this restriction introduced, but I am certain this
must occur not long ago - older Fedora distros make possible upgrade
almost without restriction, from any previous version.

Franta Hanzlik