Preupgrade problem

Steve Berg sberg at mississippi.com
Wed Nov 10 13:05:11 UTC 2010

> On 10/11/10 12:57, Steve Berg wrote:
>> If preupgrade is smart enough to know that limitation once the upgrade
>> starts, why isn't it smart enough to warn me about that before it
>> downloads and sets everything up?
>>

> Maybe it figured you would do that yourself in advance.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Frank Murphy
> UTF_8 Encoded
> Friend of Fedora

There's no mention of that limitation anywhere I've seen so far.

>From the Fedora wiki:

Preupgrade provides an upgrade directly to the latest version of Fedora.
It is not necessary to upgrade to intermediate versions. For example, it
is possible to go from Fedora 12 to Fedora 14 directly.

The wiki and preupgrade itself should warn users that a (ReleaseVer +2)
upgrade is possible but (ReleaseVer +3) is not.
--
*       Stephen Berg       *
*  sberg at mississippi.com   *