End of life for FC12?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Nov 10 14:45:20 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> said:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 20:00:00 -0600
> Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> > I know suspend/resume is "hard", but in nearly a year, I've never even
> > had a response to my BZ (548593) about my Dell Optiplex 740 not
> > suspending (it hangs and never turns off).  Every few months, I report
> > that the latest kernel still fails in the same way.
>
> Well, a few places to start:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelCommonProblems

Been there - that's why I tried the pm_trace bit (which doesn't seem to
be giving anything useful).

> What video driver there?

xorg-x11-drv-ati (radeon RV610 / HD 2400 PRO)

> Does it suspend ok from a text boot/session?

I tried booting with "3 nomodeset".  If I run "pm-suspend", the screen
clears, the network stops, but I'm left with a blinking cursor in the
upper left corner.  Alt-SysRq doesn't do anything, so it appears dead.
I have to power-cycle it twice to get it to come back.

I unloaded a bunch of modules (KVM, floppy, parallel port) first as well
and got the same result.

The pm_trace thing this time showed:

pci 0000:00:0f.0: hash matches

which is:

00:0f.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Serial ATA Controller (rev a1)

I've added this info to the BZ as well.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>