F14: what replaces s-c-d?

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Wed Nov 10 18:32:17 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 09:57 AM, Beartooth wrote:
> 	By "s-c-d" I mean to abbreviate "system-config-display."
> 	What can I use? This constantly clicking on the wrong place is
> beginning to resemble the classic water torture ....

The concept now days is to let X figure out most things, ie: driver and
display basic parameters, and then let the user tweak the settings.

So the new way is: gnome-display-properties

it works quite well and is patterned after the vendor supplied programs
that show icons of your displays and allow you to configure them.

The downside to this approach is that each user has to do their own.

The upside is that each user can set them differently.

System/Preferences/Monitors

Good Luck!