Background task to download FC14 isos

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Nov 10 20:28:38 UTC 2010

In the past I have always gotten on the terminal of a server and
executed a script that did a bunch of wgets to get the CD isos for a
release.

Well I want to grab the FC14 isos, and I am not home for a few days.  I
can't do it in a SSH session to a server at home as I will drop my
session before all the images are downloaded.

So I looked to crontab to run my script.  But I could not see how to get
crontab to run something once on the hour and then never again.  Unless
the last line in my script was to rm the script.  Plus it will take more
than an hour to download the isos.  I suppose I could use 16 as the hour
so it would only run it on the 16th hour of the day and that would give
me a day to clear out my crontab.

Or is there a better tool?  For example if I run the script with an &
after it, then drop my connection will the script keep running?