Fw: Pinnacle Studio PCTV USB 2

stan gryt2 at q.com
Wed Nov 10 20:30:40 UTC 2010

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:09:38 +0200
From: Kostas Sfakiotakis <kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr>
To: stan <gryt2 at q.com>
Subject: Re: Pinnacle Studio PCTV USB 2

On 11/10/2010 09:22 PM, stan wrote:
>  On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:55:26 +0200 Kostas Sfakiotakis
>  <kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr> wrote:
>

> > Well my guess is that i need to put the correct lines in
> > /etc/modules.conf aka /etc/modprobe.conf ( the allias char-major
> > 81 stuff ) but the file is gone and i do not know the replacement
> > .
>
>  Can't help you with the card, but the replacement for modprobe.conf
>  is /etc/modprobe.d/, and you put files in there with the module
>  configuration you want.

Almost .

As i recall in the old times ( the ones of modules.conf ) all i had to
do was
to put  the lines in there . You know the

allias char - major 81 bttv
options card= tuner=xx

Now as u say this stuff has been replaced . Trying  to figure out what
was going on
i found /etc/modprobe.d/dist.conf with some pretty promising stuff in
it . There is a lot of char major in there , so i  guess it would be
quite safe to assume
that it is the file that am looking for and there is no need to make a
new one
Anyway  lsmod reports

[root at Orion ~]# lsmod | grep em
cpufreq_ondemand        9278  1
freq_table              3955  2 cpufreq_ondemand,powernow_k8
em28xx                 87477  0
v4l2_common            16581  3 tuner,saa7115,em28xx
videodev               41889  5
tuner,saa7115,em28xx,uvcvideo,v4l2_common ir_core                15956
10
ir_lirc_codec,ir_sony_decoder,rc_pinnacle_grey,ir_jvc_decoder,ir_rc6_decoder ,ir_kbd_i2c,ir_rc5_decoder,ir_nec_decoder,em28xx
videobuf_vmalloc        4836  1 em28xx
videobuf_core          15769  2 em28xx,videobuf_vmalloc
tveeprom               13145  1 em28xx
k8temp                  3843  0
i2c_core               26900  15
tuner_simple,tda9887,tda8290,tuner,saa7115,ir_kbd_i2c,em28xx,
v4l2_common,videodev,tveeprom,i2c_nforce2,radeon,drm_kms_helper,drm,i2c_algo_bit

so basically it seems that it has somehow detected the hardware but
since am unable watch tv
using tv tuner something is misconfigured .