kmod-nvidia kills my sound

stan gryt2 at q.com
Wed Nov 10 20:48:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:34:18 -0800
Hugh Caley <hughc at aldon.com> wrote:

> Running Fedora 14 i686.  If I only run the nouveau video driver, my
> sound works fine.  If, however, I install and run the commercial
> nvidia driver via kmod-nvidia, my sound dies a few seconds after I
> try to use it.  It sounds for all the world like an IRQ conflict ...

Are there any error messages in /var/log/messages
or /var/log/Xorg.0.log after you do this?  If it plays with nouveau it
means that alsa and pulseaudio are working properly with your hardware,
so it is probably a communication issue from the nvidia driver to the
sound hardware.  Does a search turn up anyone else having an issue with
the nvidia driver and sound on linux?