Background task to download FC14 isos

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Nov 10 21:06:32 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 02:50 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
> On 10 November 2010 12:28, Robert Moskowitz<rgm at htt-consult.com>  wrote:
>
>> Well I want to grab the FC14 isos, and I am not home for a few days.  I
>> can't do it in a SSH session to a server at home as I will drop my
>> session before all the images are downloaded.
>>
> wget -b

I guess I have never really been clear about 'background'.  This will
continue to run even when the I drop the connection that spawned it?  I
seem to recall going to close a terminal window getting messages about
background tasks and if I want to kill them as part of closing the window.

Plus I have not figured out how to wildcard the wget for the FC CD
isos.  When I tried this for FC13, the only thing (at least for a couple
of mirrors I tried) the only file really in the
.../fedora/releases/14/Fedora/i386/iso/ directory was the index.txt, so
this would mean 5 parallel wget tasks.