Background task to download FC14 isos

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Nov 10 23:25:50 UTC 2010

On 10Nov2010 16:19, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
| On 11/10/2010 03:07 PM, Andras Simon wrote:
| > On 11/10/10, Robert Moskowitz<rgm at htt-consult.com>  wrote:
| >> # man screen
| >> No manual entry for screen.
| >>
| >> What do I have to install????
| > screen
| > (# yum install screen)
|
| Always helps to spell it right which is why this guess did not work the
| 1st time I tried it.
|
| So reading up on screen, this is rather complex.  I have gotten the wget
| -b working now.

Screen's command line is rather complex. That's one reason I mostly use it
via my "scr" wrapper. It makes starting a session and rejoining it very easy
and makes naming them easy.

I mostly do only this:

  scr                   # list screens and names
  scr FOO               # create (or rejoin if it exists) screen FOO
  scr 3                 # rejoin the third screen listed by "scr"

And you're off and running.

Then you just run your wgets inside, interactively as you might
normally.

There are various other special purpose things I use screen for and then
I use it directly, but scr does me 95% of the time, probably more.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

As a computer journalist, he's a good travel writer.
        - Ian Yates <iyates at biz.su.edu.au> about Gareth Powell