How do I change the desktop manager

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 01:37:13 UTC 2010

2010/11/10 stan <gryt2 at q.com>

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:00:03 -0600
> John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:
>
> > I am running Fedora 14 and installed the KDE desktop on the initial
> > installation.  I now want to try other desktops like open box and or
> > LXDE but can not seem to figure out how to switch to a different
> > desktop.  I have installed the files for the new desktops but can not
> > figure out how to make the switch to the new desktop.
> >
> > I have installed switch desk like some on line documentation
> > recommended  but all I see listed is KDE.  I would really like to
> > know how to make this change from the command line if possible.
> >
> > Thanks for the assistance.
>
> I run Gnome, but I expect KDE works similarly.  When you log into the X
> Desktop, in Gnome with GDM, you can select the desktop that will be
> used.  In Gnome, they are at the bottom of the page, not sure in KDE.
> --

You have to do Groupinstalls for all the desktops you want to try, After
doing this, in the
login screen go and select your session type under the "SESSION TYPE"
option. Here you'll be
able to select from different types of desktops you installed on the PC.

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6