Convert ext4 lvm to normal ext4 partition

Michael Miles mmamiga6 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 21:15:58 UTC 2010

Hello

I am running Fedora 12 x86-64 and it is about to go eol so I must
upgrade this time around.

I have a 1 tb sata
200 meg ext4 boot /dev/sda1
910 gb ext4 lvm home partition /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root

The last time I looked gparted will not handle lvm ext4
Question is is there a way of converting the LVM to a standard ext4
partition without loosing the data on the lvm?

Or do I have to bite the bullet and reformat the entire drive with the
partitions that I want, meaning I have to back up 400 gig of movies etc...

If I could at least convert the partition then I could just resize the
boot to install F14

Michael