Downgrading from F14 to F13

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 00:35:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Mark Eggers <mdeggers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:54:38 -0500, Robert Myers wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Mark Eggers <mdeggers at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So, is there any clean way to downgrade F14 to F13 other than backing
>>> up the requisite files and doing a clean install?
>>
>> What's the downside to backing up the requisite files and doing a clean
>> install, if you include /etc in the list of requisite files?
>>
>> As to any other conceivable option, since what you are already
>> experiencing is weirdness, I can't conceive of why you would be
>> interested in trying to be clever at this point.
>>
>> Robert.
>
> I'm not really trying to be clever at this point. I will probably sit
> down, back up everything, re-install, and then install all of the extra
> software that I use outside of the rpm repository.
>
> I was primarily looking to avoid some re-installs of software plus the
> manual configuration that those packages require.

I didn't mean to sound smug.  Short of the complete image backups that
almost no one bothers to do, there isn't much to be done other than to
suck it up and do it all over.  BTDT.  Got a closet full of T-shirts.

It doesn't help you, but the situation you are in is one of the
reasons I am reluctant to install software outside the Fedora
distribution.

Robert.