Background task to download FC14 isos

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Nov 12 01:14:20 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010 06:50 PM, Travis Fraser wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 05:56 -0500, Andre Robatino wrote:
>
>> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>

>>> In the past I have always gotten on the terminal of a server and
>>> executed a script that did a bunch of wgets to get the CD isos for a
>>> release.
>>>

>>> Well I want to grab the FC14 isos, and I am not home for a few days.
>>> I can't do it in a SSH session to a server at home as I will drop my
>>> session before all the images are downloaded.
>>>
> What about screen?

I am going to have to find the time to learn screen, but this week is
not it (I am suppose to be listening to the closing plenary session for
IEEE 802.15 right now, and I have to give my report in a few minutes).

I got it working with wget with a caveat. I could not get it working for
only the CD isos:

wget -b -nv -r -l1 --no-parent -nH --cut-dirs=6 -A.iso
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/14/Fedora/i386/iso/

Gets all the .iso files.  This includes the CD, DVD, and netinst isos.

So I tried:

wget -b -nv -r -l1 --no-parent -nH --cut-dirs=6 -A "disc?.iso"
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/14/Fedora/i386/iso/

and this only got the index.txt file

So I am trying to figure out the right format for the -A option...