Background task to download FC14 isos

Robert M. Witkop fmg at mpsws.com
Fri Nov 12 03:02:56 UTC 2010

I used the at command to execute scripts that would pull files from csv,
and make changes to each file, and put them back into the repository. I
ran the at command on Friday before leaving with the start time after
everyone should be out enjoying a cold beer, and it ran over the week
end with the output going to a file so I could verify all went well when
I got to work on Monday morning.

If your script run with cron, they should do well under at.

Not sure if this helps your situation, but you did mention a one shot
cron job.