I need a new linux homepage. Ideas ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 12 05:19:13 UTC 2010

Linuxguy123 wrote:
>>> It seems as though www.linuxhomepage.com is dead and gone.

Tim:
>> It loads nice and fast here, in Australia.  Though, Firefox complains
>> that it wants to refresh the page, endlessly.

Manuel Escudero:
> Well, I know how to solve your problem, try loading this link into any
> browser and the page is gonna load for you:
> http://calyphrox2.appspot.com/www.linuxhomepage.com/

Nope, that's exactly the same.  It wants to endlessly reload.  Every
time the page loads, I have a warning "Firefox prevented this page from
automatically reloading."  And I can leave the page at it's initial
load, and read the halted page, or it allow the reload.  Every time I
allow the reload, it comes up with the exact same warning.  It never
just loads once.

I have a configuration that stops pages refreshing themselves, because
I'm sick to death of reading pages that suddenly start reloading
themselves while I'm in the middle of reading them.  Or, they do so
while I'm reading another tab, and the whole browser jams up until it
completes.

I can't see why your link is doing so.  There's no *obviously* *short*
timespan meta refresh crap (likewise with the original), or JavaScript.
But I don't care what the reason is, so-called webmasters who do that
crap deserve a good caning with a flayed bamboo pole.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.