End of life for FC12?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Fri Nov 12 18:44:10 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 08:31 AM, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> That's okay as long as the OS is "current" when it is installed and
> will be supported for those 5 years or so.

I understand that, but you will never find that to be the case on a
sustained basis unless you schedule your hardware purchases to coincide
with OS releases.  You said that you were tiring of Fedora's release
cycle, but that release cycle is the only way to give users an OS that
is "current" given that those millions of users are going to continue
buying hardware in the periods between long-term releases.  It's
certainly legitimate to choose the long-term release
(RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux), but I'd hope that you'd recognize the
value that Fedora provides to its users and avoid demeaning it for its
strength.