Downgrading from F14 to F13

Mark Eggers mdeggers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:35:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:35:50 -0500, Robert Myers wrote:

> I didn't mean to sound smug.  Short of the complete image backups that
> almost no one bothers to do, there isn't much to be done other than to
> suck it up and do it all over.  BTDT.  Got a closet full of T-shirts.
>
> It doesn't help you, but the situation you are in is one of the reasons
> I am reluctant to install software outside the Fedora distribution.
>
> Robert.

I agree, but unfortunately I need some tools that aren't really available
via the Fedora (or are available as previous versions). Also for some of
the tools, when I report bugs or submit patches the maintainers would
like the default (not distribution) package installed.

I guess it's time to put this system under version control.

As an aside, the latest NVidia driver (260.19.21) has fixed some of the
rendering problems (not the ghosting for OpenOffice Calc plot symbols
though). Unfortunately there's a huge regression in GL performance. Right
now a 7600 GS card performs about the same as a 5600 LE card.

In short, it's an NVidia problem and I'm contributing to a few threads
there.

Thanks for the comments everyone. The font rendering is about cleaned up,
and I'll live with the GL performance problem until NVidia gets the
driver fixed.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/