End of life for FC12?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Nov 13 04:41:31 UTC 2010

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:56:33 -0500
> Bill Davidsen<davidsen at tmr.com>  wrote:
>
>> Yes, I'm getting WONTFIX on the problem I reported in old versions
>> and updated to 12, I will report it again against 14 so it can be
>> ignored for another year.
>
> The recent activity on f12 bugs would not (yet) close them.
> It asks "Hey, does this still happen? do you have more info? Does it
> occur on new versions too? Can you update the bug?"
>
> Only if you don't add any info in the next month will it get closed.
>
>>   I'm told Ubuntu and SuSE have working
>> resume after suspend, so I may just convert all my laptops to
>> something which has a clue.
>
> I don't think there is any linux distro on the planet that can say it
> has suspend and resume working for all hardware that exists.
>
> If you describe the specific hardware and steps you have taken, we can
> see if there's a way to work around or fix it for your hardware.

It is a general Fedora problem, not hardware related. If you have a laptop
connected with WiFi and mount an NFS volume, on resume it tries to use NFS
before the network is up. Then the mount goes away. I see it on every laptop and
have for years.

> You're of course welcome to use whatever distro you choose.

Worth trying Ubuntu, friend says it works. Costs nothing to try ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>