End of life for FC12?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Nov 13 04:47:04 UTC 2010

Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Yes, I'm getting WONTFIX on the problem I reported in old versions and updated
>> to 12, I will report it again against 14 so it can be ignored for another year.
>> I'm told Ubuntu and SuSE have working resume after suspend, so I may just
>> convert all my laptops to something which has a clue.
>
> Thats the reason I don't file any bugs at fedora's bugzilla anymore.
> Its just a huge waste of time, the only one ever looking at it is the
> EOL-Daemon closing it when the version reported against goes into EOL
> status.

That hasn't been my experience, I've had bugs fixed, good questions, etc. But
the the NFS problem, people mark it DUPLICATE, and NOTCONFIRM, and every other
thing, but no one has ever said it worked for them or confirmed it, so I suspect
no one even tried. They just see suspend and write it off. We tried at a user
group meeting and it failed on seven systems (100%).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>